Knowledge, Skill, and Attitude Objectives for Those Who Complete the STM in This Area of Focus
- The student will give clear evidence that he grasps the practical implications that growth in the gospel is the key element to any educational effort for Christians from birth to old age.
- The student will be equipped to offer a coordinated approach to Christian education.
- The student will grow in his capacity to employ different methodologies to address different learning styles.
- The student will give clear evidence that he understands the vital importance of strengthening Christian homes so that Christian educational efforts at church/school are not divorced from the experiences those in his care have in their homes.
- The student will participate in a practicum, offering opportunity to employ and develop acquired insights and strategies.
- The student will give evidence of planning concrete ways to put to work the educational insights he has gained with those he has been called to serve.
- The student will give evidence of a commitment to continued growth as a teacher, recognizing that constant learning is at the heart of good teaching.
- The student will be able to articulate the unique place Christian education has in the Lutheran parish.
Repeating Core Courses